[Gllug] What are db_set, db_input and db_go?

Paul Cupis paul at cupis.co.uk
Sat Feb 7 21:47:57 UTC 2004

On Saturday 07 February 2004 08:42, <john at sinodun.org.uk> wrote:
> Unfortunately, it doesn't have its dependencies set right.  It tries
> to invoke three commands - db_set, db_input and db_go - which don't
> currently exist on my system.  An apt-cache search doesn't throw them
> up.  Does anyone know which Debian package they form a part of?

The db_set, db_input and db_go commands are not binary programs, but
shell functions created by the shell
script /usr/share/debconf/confmodule

This script is included in the package 'debconf', on which
popularity-contest /does/ in fact Depend.

Without actually seeing the error you are seeing, I would guess that the
installation or post-installation configuration of popularity-contest
is failing due to an error in the debconf script. Looking at the Debian
BTS, I see that there have been some recently fixed bugs relating to
debconf usage.

Could you:
 a) post the actual output you are seeing, and tell us what version of
popularity-contest you have installed/are installing
 b) try upgrading to version 1.11 from Debian/unstable and tell us if
this resolves the problem.

Thanks,

Paul Cupis
paul at cupis.co.uk