[Gllug] NFS mount permissions

Tom Schutzer-Weissmann TSCHUTZER-WEISSMANN at ofsted.gov.uk
Mon Feb 2 09:47:27 UTC 2004

> It's not wise to export the whole root fs like this - all sorts of
> things can go wrong. If it's only the home directory you want to use
on
> the other machine then try:

> /home/<user> popcorn(rw,no_all_squash)

> The no_all_squash option ensures the UID and GID of the user are
applied
> rather than mapped to 'nobody'.

thanks - once I got the uids in line I could mount each user's home
directory.

Regards,
TSW

We cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage
sustained as a result of software viruses. It is your
responsibility to carry out such virus checking as is necessary before opening any attachment to
this message.

The information in this email and any files transmitted with
it may be of a confidential nature and is intended solely for
the addressees. If you are not the intended addressee, any
disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited and
may be unlawful.

www.ofsted.gov.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk