[Gllug] wine

Will Napier will at thinkingsuccess.com
Tue Feb 10 17:11:42 UTC 2004

Hi, I'm trying to get wine working on Mandrake 9.2. I got and installed
it easily thanks to synaptic. The wine hq tells me to test wether it is
installed by running 'notepad' at a command line, which works fine.
However it then tells me that the installation process from rpms (which
I assume Mandrake used) should have created fake windows folders. There
are none visible whether I browse in notepad or gnome. So I guess I just
create the directories suggested on the site? But my niggle is that
perhaps the relevant files are not showing up (I can see hidden files),
because I can't see notepad anywhere (did a search) and it obviously is
there somewhere. Help appreciated.

Will

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk