[Gllug] Kernel tainting

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 27 20:40:21 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to kernel 2.6.3, and I was dismayed to notice the
following while booting:-

snd: no version for "struct_module" found: kernel tainted.
Vortex: hardware init.... <6>done.

I'm not sure what's causing this - I've recently acquried a new sound
card (PCI Turtle Beach thing with an Aureal Vortex 8820 chipset), but
I'm using ALSA 1.0.2, and AFAIK no binary drivers. Drivers were built
from the Debian alsa-base package, which lives in main, so has no
business having any non-free software in it.

Can anyone shed any light on this? My loaded modules are:-

snd_mixer_oss          18592  -
snd_au8820             41504  -
snd_pcm                99840  -
snd_page_alloc         10692  -