[Gllug] Rejecting mail at backup MX

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Tue Feb 10 12:27:25 UTC 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Jack Bertram wrote:

> Postfix.
>
> I use $local_recipient_maps together with $virtual_maps on my primary MX.
> On the backup MX, I have the appropriate domains in $relay_domains.

I think you can do this with a check_recipient_access map lookup. You just
need to create a suitable map of your valid local addresses and place it
on the backup MX.

Then you'd specify this as a condition in smtpd_recipient_restrictions
like so:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/mx

Note I've not done this myself so I cannot confirm that it works but it
should.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £23.75 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk