PC World, was Re: [Gllug] SCO Stuff

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Tue Feb 10 11:58:37 UTC 2004

Alistair Mann writes:

>Parents have a habit of doing that. I suggested one friday mine might like
>to share my brother's broadband connection (he still lives with them). Come
>monday. I discovered Dad had gone down to the local Dixons to ask how.
>
>Excitement at the prospect of a faster connection? Or do they know something
>about my technical skills that I don't?

That is all sounding horribly familiar. My parents have just moved to a
new house. After months of asking me what they should do, and assurances
that I'd sort it all out for them when they moved in, I thought it was
all in hand. But I then got a call from my Dad to let me know that he'd
phoned BT Broadband and was going to order it that afternoon.

I was almost tempted to just let them live with OpenWound, but ultimately
my conscience got the better of me...

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk