[Gllug] Remote controlled security camera system

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 28 09:32:32 UTC 2004

Hello,
   My local council in West London has commisioned surveillance cameras
throughout the area. I understand that for some time the pictures from the
cameras have been monitored and recorded 24/7, with tapes retained for 1
calendar month, although the new camera control system is not working, so
the pictures show a random collection of brick walls, sky, and out-of-focus
ground.
   The new system is supposed to be controlled by touch screens, with the
operator able to select and control individual cameras.
   Has anyone any experience of this sort of system? I am trying to push the
council to get it sorted, and would like to be able to suggest someone who
may be able to help.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk