[Gllug] Undelete...?

Dean Wilson dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Thu Feb 5 17:04:57 UTC 2004

David Irvine wrote:
> Something I always thought would make a very cool feature of a file
> system is to integrate many of the cvs features, so that when you
> save a file, you could revert to older verions - so that when you
> accidently mess up your sed operation, and obliterate the wrong file
> etc, you could just revert to the one three saves ago, it would be

With a little bit of Python magic you could have CVS-FS.

http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/lufs-python/

Go on Dave!, reject the camel and embrace the Snake.

> excellent for something like /etc/ but then, thats why we have
> cvs....

Then only problem is the one thing you don't check into CVS is the one you
really need. On a filesystem level you wouldnt have to choose.

  Dean
--
Dean Wilson               http://www.unixdaemon.net
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk