Expressive programming language? Was: [Gllug] Speaker Suggestion

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Thu Jan 8 17:00:49 UTC 2004

Darren writes:

>What programming language is considered the most expressive?

Danger Will Robinson... flame wars ahead. But the generally accepted
argument to this question is Lisp.

>Or maybe a better way to phrase it is: In what programming language is it most
>straightforward to solve a problem without gettting bogged down in the
>language itself?
>
>(I know this is a very general question, (very) subjective and problem-domain
>specific, but I would appreciate hearing your opinions).

You said it yourself. It's too specific to a given problem domain. No
one language can do that in the general case, but certain languages
have strengths when applied to particular problems. Lisp is good at
processing lists, for example :-)

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk