[Gllug] Apple

Mamading Ceesay linux at evangineer.force9.co.uk
Tue Jan 13 13:45:15 UTC 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:55:40 +0000
Tethys <tet at createservices.com> wrote:

> Both abiword and gnumeric have come on leaps and bounds in recent months,
> and the latest versions of each are great products. Don't be put off by
> the halfway functional and buggy versions shipped with most distributions.

I've used both this week.  Gnumeric successfully loaded an Excel spreadsheet and displayed the charts therein.  Abiword wasn't able to fully cope with my CV though which admittedly has a needlessly complex layout, whereas OOo writer was ok with the same document.

--
Mamading Ceesay - SCO delenda est! - http://www.scocountdown.com
Essential reading for all computer users:
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk