[Gllug] Anyone using Linux 2.6.0 on production system?

Pete Ryland pdr at accucard.com
Fri Jan 9 11:52:47 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 12:00:03PM +0200, Dale Gallagher wrote:
> Is anyone using 2.6.0 on a production system?  Need to find out if it's

Does "personal web site" count as "production system"? :-)

> wise to go this route, or to stick to 2.4.24.  Will be using Slackware
> 9.1 on an HP-DL380 with SmartArray 6402 RAID controller.  There was a
> performance report I found a few weeks ago on the Net which clearly
> showed enormous benefits in moving to 2.6.0 (this was pre- 2.6.0
> stable), showing how it whipped 2.4.x and all other *NIX Open Source
> OS's.  Busy trying to find that link again...

This one?

http://bulk.fefe.de/scalability/

> Any experiences, suggestions etc. re: 2.6.0 would be appreciated.

Seems to work pretty well.

The only thing that I managed to get wrong was to not enable OSS emulation
in the ALSA 0.9 config.  More apps than I thought can only speak OSS.

Is there anything specific you want to know that isn't in the docs?

Pete
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk