[Gllug] Fax/Print server

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 02:19:36 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 20:19, Simon Faulkner wrote:

> Basic fax functionality is simple in linux.
>
> Try man fax or man efax
>
> It get's harder when you try to send them from a windows client.

Try Hylafax, and WHFC for the Windows client. I've used it successfully
at work for some time. There's even a MacOS client, though I don't know
about OS X.

<snip>

> I wish there was a version of GFI Faxmaker or ZetaFax for Linux.

Im my experience, Hylafax/WHFC offers all the features I've ever been
asked about, including delayed send, fax lists, sending from MS Office
macros, etc, etc. Incoming fax also works fine, though that needs a DDI
fax number for each receiver, so you have to sort the telephony out if
you want that to work.

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk