[Gllug] Re: Gllug Digest, Vol 7, Issue 47

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 21:28:53 UTC 2004

Michael Jenson wrote:
> Right will
> Since your email regarded me as a spam SPAM you&gllug with this.

No, my mail server didn't think your message was spam, your mail server
is in a dnsbl:

http://www.dnsbl.sorbs.net/cgi-bin/lookup?IP=217.12.10.41

p15114251:/var/log # grep mirojrsc at yahoo.co.uk mail
Jan 19 14:13:36 p15114251 postfix/smtpd[5626]: reject: RCPT from
web25005.mail.ukl.yahoo.com[217.12.10.41]: 554 Service unavailable;
[217.12.10.41] blocked using dnsbl.sorbs.net, reason: Spam Received See:
http://www.dnsbl.sorbs.net/cgi-bin/lookup?IP=217.12.10.41;
from=<mirojrsc at yahoo.co.uk> to=<will at hellacool.co.uk>

I block nearly 20,000 messages a month with the following dnsbls

proxies.blackholes.easynet.nl
sbl.spamhaus.org
relays.ordb.org
dnsbl.sorbs.net
cbl.abuseat.org
dnsbl.njabl.org

http://home.hellacool.co.uk/temp/mailgraph_2_err.png

I am willing to reject a couple of false positives to avoid sorting
through all the spams I would have recieved ;)

> Hi I've gott evaluation version. Would you be able to plug the licence code and
> use it fully. Version 5. Apparently stable on RH7 :-/. Also you will give
> me back something if it is usefull mutualy.

Thanks, but I managed to get an FTP download of the installation tar.gz
from macromedia (after a lot of effort).

I appreciate your help, but you might consider formatting your emails a
bit better, it took me a while to work out that your email was to me and
what it was you were trying to say.

> ########## 'couse you've said  ############
> Does anyone have a coldfusion server for linux (version 4.5.1 SP2 or
> close) disk or ISO that I can have/buy[0][1]?  I hate it, but we use it
> for our website at the place I work and we have no installation media
> and therefore no way of putting a website back up if our server goes
> tits-up.

Thanks,
Will
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk