[Gllug] E-Mail

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Fri Jan 9 14:34:03 UTC 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Peter Childs wrote:

> 	Why is EMail so difficult?

It isn't difficult. It's exceptionally easy.

> 	I'm trying to set up a fully fedged multi-user E-Mail system.
> None of the answers are easy.
>
> 	I was think of using exim/cyrus as shared folders would be nice
> one day.

A good choice if not what I would go for myself.

> 	There are no good howto documents.

I've seen Cyrus and Exim documentation a plenty.

> 	You would have thought somone would have written a nice simple
> E-Mail server by now but no.

They have - exim and postfix are both nice simple email servers.

> 	I want it fully fuctional within 10 minites. any ideas?

Given what you've written above, hire a consultant to do it for you. I'm
available for such work ;)

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £23.75 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk