[Gllug] Anyone using Linux 2.6.0 on production system?

Martin A. Brooks martin at clues.ltd.uk
Fri Jan 9 10:29:33 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 10:17, Tethys wrote:
> I disagree. It should be thought of as "half stable". While I won't be
> putting it on any of our live servers any time soon, I'm keeping an
> eye on it, and I expect it to stabilise much quicker than did 2.4.
> I'd be surprised if 2.6.3 or so wasn't suitable for production use.

Given that 2.2, 2.4 and 2.6 were all found to be locally rootable
recently, I'll be waiting for 2.6.10 or thereabouts before I even
_think_ about using it in production.

For the records,  2.2.16 was my first production kernel in that tree,
2.4.19 was my first production kernel in _that_ tree.

Regards
--
Martin A. Brooks, Clues Ltd
http://www.clues.ltd.uk/