[Gllug] linux on libretto L5 and escrow.com

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Thu Jan 15 17:47:43 UTC 2004

Rickey Costas writes:

>Thats the page thats given me the idea of getting a sub-notepad.
>Unfortunately, even with the good exchange rate, their new laptops start
>at 1000UKP. However, ebay in taiwan has the libretto L5's for less than
>700UKP.

The L5 barely counts as a subnotebook. It's significantly bigger than the
Librettos of yesteryear. I wish they'd continued with the smaller size
(the ff1100V was a nearly perfect machine), but apparently fat fingered
Americans don't like smaller machines, so they've made them bigger :-(

I've gone the other way, and am getting a Zaurus 860 instead :-)

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk