[Gllug] Perhaps Newham needs a decent Linux consultant?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Sat Jan 10 17:13:08 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 04:48:46PM +0000, Jason wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Bruce Richardson wrote:
>
> > Is it so essential that your calendar be stored in your mail client?
> > There are plenty of open source calendar/todo-list/workgroup solutions
> > that can send e-mail notifications etc.
>
> The benefits of an integrated solution are many - particularly in a
> business environment.

In the context of workgroup productivity, an integtrated solution is one
that preserves the same groups across a range of contexts/applications
and may offer single sign-on.  That's not the same thing as doing
everything in the mail client.

--
Bruce

If the universe were simple enough to be understood, we would be too
simple to understand it.