Backup Software, was: [Re: [Gllug] Production system...]

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Jan 17 10:46:10 UTC 2004

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Bruce Richardson said:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 07:20:44AM +0000, Nix wrote:
>> Yes, Bacula certainly is nice.
>
> I read that and thought "No, it must be a coincidence.  Thay can't
> really have named it after that film.  I mean, it was a funny film, but
> no."  Then I went to the site and saw the logo.  Cheered me up, that
> did.

I'll admit that the logo nearly got me using Bacula instead of DAR, but
making Bacula work with anything other than tapes appears to be agony.
(I'm using a three-stage CD-R / CD-RW-incremental / CD-R rolling backup
regime, where things either have to be cdrecorded *or* packet-written
depending on which medium I'm writing to. Makes the backup scripts kind
of complicated.

I guess I could have multisession-written the CD-RW, but I hate
multisession. It's nasty enough having to use it on the CD-Rs...)

--
`note to the crown prosecution service: Machine guns dont have a
 'stun' setting.' --- mjw
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk