[Gllug] Apple

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue Jan 13 11:25:11 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 11:15:48AM +0000, Simon A. Boggis wrote:
> The only minor niggle with the laptops is that the power supplies
> seem to have weak or badly designed plugs which break more often than I
> would expect, requiring a complete replacement of the power supply (at
> 65 quid a pop).

Yes, the plugs aren't very well designed.  Sometimes they don't seat
properly, and you need to unplug them and push them in again.  Fairly
rare though.

On a related note, a friend of mine had a failed power supply on an
iBook (IIRC - or perhaps it was a PowerBook).  However, it later
transpired that she might have spilled orange juice on it, so perhaps
that wasn't Apple's fault :-)

> They do require very little user support when given out as self-managed
> laptops to people with little computer savvy - they even manage to keep
> them up to date (hoorah!).

Agreed.  They're the only type of computer that I'd be happy giving to
the average novice.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj