[Gllug] Sybase woes

Panos Archondakis panosa at archo.net
Wed Jan 28 21:46:18 UTC 2004

The file you need is called "interfaces" on Unix / Linux, and is called
"sql.ini" on Windows platforms. The format of the file is significant -
the lines that are indented must begin with tabs, not multiple spaces.
Sample entry below:

SQL_KAHLUA
	master tcp ether kahlua 5000
	query tcp ether kahlua 5000

In this example, the listener is on host "kahlua", on port "5000".

The file can be edited by hand, as long as you keep the format, but the
tools provided to edit the file are dsedit (GUI tool for X or MSWindows)
or dscp (command line). All Sybase software require the $SYBASE variable
to be set; the interfaces / sql.ini file is located by the client
libraries relative to the $SYBASE location (unless it is specified
explicitly when the command is invoked).

See the Sybase documentation for more details - a lot of stuff can be
specified in this file.

Hope this helps.

Panos

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk