[Gllug] Mobiles in toilets & other places

Ian Northeast ian at house-from-hell.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 27 20:47:37 UTC 2004

John Winters wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 21:08, Ian Northeast wrote:
>
>>I destroyed one by taking it to Ireland:) I did go to Ireland by bike on
>>a day when it rained continuously and heavily,
>

> That wasn't rain; that was the Irish Sea.  If you want to go to Ireland
> you need to use a *boat*, not a bike.

Well the Fishguard to Rosslare ferry, possessing a roof, was about the
only dry part of the trip (having to desist from the Guinness on account
of having a further 50 odd miles to go at the end). Apart from my mate
trying to dry his socks in the hand dryer in the gents. That caused a
bit of a puddle, not to mention some rather strange looks from other
passengers:)

A boat would, however, have been most useful on the M4. They should have
started the ferry somewhere around Chiswick.

Regards, Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk