[Gllug] Surprised...

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 13:50:48 UTC 2004

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Jon Masters wrote:

> John Winters wrote:
>
> | On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 10:45, Doug Winter wrote:
>
> |>Why is it that one always makes the worst typos when complaining about
> |>other's English? :)
>
> I had just got back from a Christmas party at the time...yes a little
> late to have one now. Anyway I never go overboard with spelling and
> grammar in quick emails sent late at night, beyond the basic "if it
> looks ok it hopefully is" because hopefully this is not being published.
>
> | Presumably that should have read, "are on short time bidets"?  Oh the
> | freedom you get from doing all your work on a laptop.
>
> I bet nobody here with a laptop can honestly say they have never been
> tempted to loo-IRC-email-browse etc.

 Honestly never thought about it until you mentioned it, my text-crazy
 flatmate managed to drop her mobile in the toilet.

 I kicked myself when I couldn't find a camera in the house to take
 a photo of her in rubber gloves attempting the rescue.

> The modern day equivalent to reading while producing core dumps.
>
> Cheers,

 formi at tp:~$ spell gloves
 Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk