[Gllug] Re: Ogle DVD

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Fri Jan 23 12:18:54 UTC 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Andrew Halliwell wrote:

> And verily, didst Pete Ryland announce to the hordes:
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 10:12:25AM +0000, Andrew Halliwell wrote:
> > > The whole reason I got the dvd drive 2 days ago was because freeserve had a
> > > special "as you've been a customer for over a year" promo with
> > > ilovefilm.com.
> > >
> > > 1 month free, 2 CDs out at a time, you build up a list of films you want, set
> > > priority if you prefer some more than others, when you send one back (in the
> > > pre-paid envelope), they send you another from your list. I've just seen the
> > > first two I booked out, harry potter was the one with the major glitch in
> > > the middle, and just saw star trek nemesis last night. (the linux players
> > > appear to have a problem with special features too,
> >
> > Sounds like a nice plan.  How much is it?
>
> Heh, didn't check the price, seeing as I'll be cancelling after the freebie
> period... I think it was something like 30 quid a month or something.

The 2-discs-at-once plan is 14.99 a month, or there's 1-at-once for 9.99 or
19.99 for 3-at-once.

I'm on the same 30 day freebie - I doubt I'll stay on it once I'm done with
it.  At this point, they sent me 2 DVDs on Wednesday, and they hadn't
arrived when I left for work today, which doesn't bode particularly well for
rental density.

[snip]

Cheers
Richard