[Gllug] Recommend an ADSL modem?

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 21 20:14:41 UTC 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Tethys wrote:

> "Daniel P. Berrange" writes:
>
> >Would using OpenBSD as your firewall/router really that much
> >more advantageous than Debian ?
>
> Simple answer: yes. PF is light years ahead of iptables in terms of
> ease of use (and indeed capabilities, IIRC). That alone makes it
> worthwhile.
>
> More complex answer: perhaps. There are rumoured to be various easy
> to use front ends that kick iptables into doing what you want, but
> I've never tried any of them, so I can't comment on whether they
> really make enough of a difference.
>
> Tet

 I have an old laptop connected to the cable modem running obsd 3.4.
 The installation took about 20min, I did have the config files from
 3.3.

 This being a p100 24mb ram. Network install over 10mbps. And it provides
 dns, dhcp and ssh plus is running a wireless card on host-ap mode.

 And as said PF.

 Formi.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk