[Gllug] mp3 encoding from Real Player output

adam at thebowery.co.uk adam at thebowery.co.uk
Thu Jan 1 13:43:15 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 12:06:29PM +0100, John Hearns wrote:

> > > Mine is a "Budget/Nova" card, meaning I get a raw MPEG stream rather
>
> Humphhh. I bought a Nova-T USB about a year ago, because it looked
> shiny. But I made the mistake of not checking if it was supported under
> Linux :-(

ICBW but I think it may be supported now see:

http://www.linuxtv.org/developer/dvb.xml

" Technotrend/Hauppauge USB DVB adapter

are supported by the dvb-kernel CVS driver. Thanks to all who contributed to
get this working, namely Felix Domke. "

The only reason I noticed that was because I am in the market for a DVB card
that works well soon :) I also just picked up a cheap DXR3 board from Ebay to
do the tv-out and mpeg decoding (I hope they work well, if not it only cost me
15 quid) because they allgedly have a better quality output than most graphics
cards which do tv-out.

Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li
AFFS || http://www.affs.org.uk/ || Not a filesystem