Vim WAS Re: [Gllug] xmms - Bug 64069]

Harry gllug at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 15:17:10 UTC 2004

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> I'm not sure that's a fair comparison. XMMS is no 'vi' - vi is fast
> and lean with no bells & whistles - it just gets the job done.

Vim has lots of bells and whistles, in fact its got foghorns, hifi with
surround sound and enough bells to make quasimodo jealous. Thanfully it
still manages to be fast although it ain't as lean as it used to be. Vi
has a few bells and a water logged police whistle buts its true, it does
get the job done. I have had to use Vi when I wanted Vim and its like
typing with boxing gloves on, which, for the most part improves my
spelling so I can't complain.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk