[Gllug] Speaker Suggestion

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Thu Jan 8 15:46:27 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 03:19:31PM +0000, Darren wrote:

> Is is not the case that given any 2 developers the first could demean the
> others experience by claiming their chosen language/methodology is 'better'?
>
> Doesn't (almost) everyone have something to bring to the table that others can
> benefit from?

Well, no, given that Lisp is pretty much a superset of every other
programming language[1].

So if someone's claiming that C++ templates are the defining feature
of that language, then they've missed the obvious fact that C++
templates are a poorly implemented, inferior version of Lisp macros.

See also: http://unicast.org/wiki/GreenspunsTenthRule

Rich.

[1] Except, perhaps Forth ?

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj
If I have not seen as far as others, it is because I have been
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk