[Gllug] 2.6: does it break anything?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri Jan 9 12:49:41 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 12:08:18PM +0000, Daniel wrote:
> I believe that LVM-2 is incompatible with LVM-1 and there is no
> official upgrade process (yet). So you won't be able to upgrade
> any existing LVM partitions on your machine for now. I'm sure this
> situation will be resolved in the near future though since its
> a major PITA....

Indeed.  I tend to make use of features like LVM, devfs, etc. which
are no longer arcane but new and complex enough to be troubled by a
2.4->2.6 move.  I won't be moving anything till these problems have been
settled.

--
Bruce

If the universe were simple enough to be understood, we would be too
simple to understand it.