[Gllug] Production system - Linux 2.4.24, LVM and cciss

Mamading Ceesay linux at evangineer.force9.co.uk
Mon Jan 12 11:40:03 UTC 2004

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:53:22 +0000
"Martin A. Brooks" <martin at clues.ltd.uk> wrote:

> This was a direct comparison to a system running Slackware.  You _can_
> get apt for Slackware and in doing so you somewhat unify your package
> architecture.  Where things have been hand built, which tends to be the
> norm, apt cannot be used.  I think my comparison is fair.

slapt-get and it's cousin swaret both support multiple repositories, so that you can use them with an inhouse repository for your custom packages.

This is something I am planning to do myself.

--
Mamading Ceesay - SCO delenda est! - http://www.scocountdown.com
Essential reading for all computer users:
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk