[Gllug] Anyone using Linux 2.6.0 on production system?

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Thu Jan 15 14:27:20 UTC 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Jon Masters wrote:

> | Moreover users of embedded systems wont be eyes on wrt the source.
>
> Can you clarify that? Most users will not be looking at the source but
> if they really care then they can do so just like everyone else.

That's exactly what I mean. While they still *can* view the code (subject
to obtaining a full copy including extras added by whoever embedded it!)
users of embedded Linux are very unlikely to actually be doing so.

As a result the number of eyes on Linux source from the embedded sector is
likely to be rather low in comparison to, for example, users of Linux on
i386 desktop/laptop systems.

That doesn't say anything about the effectiveness of those eyes however as
I would hope that the eyes trained on it from the embedded sector will be
fairly capable.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £23.75 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk