[Gllug] Re: Ogle DVD

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Fri Jan 16 10:42:18 UTC 2004

I used ogle when xine started complaining about decss ages ago, it is a very
good player, however more recently i have got streets better performance from
the video-lan client when playing dvds, (vlc /dev/dvdrom )

and the last week or two ive been able to happily play dvds on my 400mhz laptop
and resize them etc using mplayer, i think i would reccomend mplayer over ogle
apart from that ogle has slightly better dvd navigation imo

Ian

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 08:23:48PM +0000, Will Napier wrote:
> I use Ogle for DVDs, a critical function as I don't own a TV. It is
> basic but quality is fine. I imagine error correction is not great as
> sometimes less-than-clean DVDs will play on PowerDVD/Windows that will
> not play on Ogle. Is there a commercial DVD software that works with Linux?
>
> --

----- Message of the Hour ------
Moooo :-)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk