[Gllug] Apple CRT & Linux

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Jan 20 11:29:40 UTC 2004

This one time, at band camp, Huw Lynes wrote:

> Are you using the 15-pin connector or the digital? I believe the 15-pin needs
> an adapter to change the pin-out from a PC-style VGA output. It should be a
> little yellow-thing like a gender-bender. You certainly need this to get Apple
> video outputs to work with Sony monitors so I imagine the reverse is also
> true. I could, however, be completely wrong about this.

It sounds like he already has this solved.  I bought such an adapter
some years ago from Black Box.

However, he needs to work out how to control the monitor's settings
(size, orientation, pincushion etc etc).  I presume there are no front
(or for that matter, back) panel controls?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "It's better to die on your feet than to
  live on your knees."
- Power and the Passion, Midnight Oil
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk