[Gllug] Apple

Sarah Ewen sarah at thaum.net
Tue Jan 13 11:24:16 UTC 2004

Given that there's nothing wrong with the Mac OS X version
of office..I hope this was just to prove that it can be done :)

I have relinquished my 12" ibook and gone back to windows/Linux
setup :\ though my ibook did serve me well, I couldn't get a
VPN-access solution, and found VNC too frustrating to use as
workaround. Eventually I yearned for a larger hard drive and
a higher-res screen. It's a shame it isn't easier to upgrade
iBook hard drives.

There are a lot of people on the iBook forums with screen problems
(eg screen blacking out after a few months). Getting Apple's
extended cover is probably well worth it. That's the problem
with new funky designs - nobody's sure how well they'll be
working in 12 months!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk