[Gllug] Anyone using Linux 2.6.0 on production system?

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Wed Jan 14 17:09:19 UTC 2004

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, James Bromberger wrote:

> Yes, thats 3.5 terabytes in a single partition. Thats why its a 2.6
> kernel. And its been rock solid (except for 2.6.0-test6 or so). And if
Nice.
> this were an optertron I could go to 8 PB, whereas since this is a P4
> box, I can only go to 16 T.
8 PB?
Anyone care to work out how big physically an array with 8PB would be,
using today's 200G disk drives?

Say something like 4000 4U high arrays??
That's ten arrays to a rack, so 400 racks.
And a bloody strong floor to hold it!

Just thinking outloud, fibrechannel is supposed to scale to that sort
of size...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk