[Gllug] linux on libretto L5 and escrow.com

Rickey Costas rickey at lefteris.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 18:57:43 UTC 2004

Tethys wrote:

> The L5 barely counts as a subnotebook. It's significantly bigger than the
> Librettos of yesteryear. I wish they'd continued with the smaller size
> (the ff1100V was a nearly perfect machine), but apparently fat fingered
> Americans don't like smaller machines, so they've made them bigger :-(

Not a huge amount, though I'd perfer smaller too.

A Libretto 100CT is:  210 x 132 x 35 mm

A Libretto L5 is:     268 x 167 x 20.5 mm

I was also looking at the Fujitsu LifeBook P1000 too. New for $1199.

> I've gone the other way, and am getting a Zaurus 860 instead :-)

I was tempted. I recon hitting the 'keys' is going to be tough work though.

What I really want is something that'll bluetooth to the phone and has
good enough keyboard so I can admin from the beach :-)

Rickey.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk