[Gllug] Announce: New Social mailing list

Dan Kolb dankolb at ox.compsoc.net
Mon Jan 19 23:14:36 UTC 2004

Henrik Morsing wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Dan Kolb wrote:
>

>>If you are interested in this, please sign up at
>>http://lists.gllug.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/social
>

>>>We have received a request from 217.158.120.142 for subscription of
>

> Hmm... Where does it get that IP address from? If it thinks it's mine it's
> way off.

host 217.158.120.142 resolves to s1.ukfsn.org (and is also where
lists.gllug.org.uk is pointing to). I guess that because you went
through the Mailman interface to register, Mailman just received the
request from that particular machine, rather than registering that it
came from you. (And if that doesn't make any sense, it's because I'm
tired :-)

Dan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk