[Gllug] Discussion: Is Enterprise Linux a lock-in

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Tue Jan 20 13:54:49 UTC 2004

"Daniel P. Berrange" writes:

>Red Hat CMS and associated components are all distributed under an open
>source license[1]. The nightly builds are freely available from our
>FTP site.

I stand corrected. Do you know where this CCM license came from, and why
Red Hat haven't just GPLed it? I've been impressed that they've released
other software (e.g., Source Navigator and IIRC, GFS) under the GPL, when
there was no real need for them to do so. It's always nice to see a company
living up to its stated principles.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk