[Gllug] ADSL modem -- WTF?

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Thu Jul 15 13:40:44 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 02:26:53PM +0100, will wrote:
> Richard Jones wrote:
> >Wikipedia to the rescue ...
> >
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADSL
> >
> >For Tet: Try this fella.  Runs Linux, so should be possible to disable
> >the wireless.
> >
> >http://www.linksys.com/international/product.asp?coid=6&ipid=371
>
> I have one, works well, but I can't see anywhere to disable wireless in
> the web admin utility.

I was thinking more of the WRT54G, which comes with source for the
Linux kernel used.  Of course the very first thing I did with it was
scrub the old configuration and compile Linux for it.

But the WAG54G, although it looks superficially similar to the WRT54G,
doesn't appear to be running Linux, although perhaps it's a little
hard to tell.  Linksys aren't offering any source code for it on the
GPL page of their site, and I grabbed the firmware image but it
appears to be compressed and/or encrypted.

Does it run Linux?  Hard to tell ...

Rich.

NET::FTPSERVER is a full-featured, secure, configurable, database-backed
FTP server written in Perl: http://www.annexia.org/freeware/netftpserver/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk