[Gllug] Python help?

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Wed Jul 21 08:00:53 UTC 2004

I know there are a few Pythonistas in the group :-)

Bit of an unusual question - I want to run a python programme on
some machines, but I'm trying to install Pythin in an unusual
place, under /usr/local/appname
Yes, I should install Pythin properly, but I just want to run some
tests on machines which haven't go Python by default.

I've put the pythin binary in my path, and imported the python2.2
libraries to /usr/local/appname/lib and
set $PYTHONHOME

Still getting the error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/Cluster-Apps/link-checker/lc.py", line 7, in ?
    from __future__ import generators

(the more clueful spot the application is called link-checker)

Anway, is there a way to fix this,
or should I be made to do the fish-slapping dance at LONIX tonight?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk