[Gllug] Problems with cgi/apache and ie

Amias Channer mail at amias.org.uk
Tue Jul 13 12:12:26 UTC 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:50:44 +0100
mike <mike at bristolreccc.co.uk> wrote:

> Anyone got any idea on tips for configuring apache so that pos ie will
> open perl scripts rather than asking if I want to download the fscking
> file?
>
> Works perfectly in every other browser

lorks , that sounds so very very wrong .
have a good read of the online docs , they are very good and you will
know the answer the next time you need to do this . see. ScriptAlias

> #AddHandler cgi-script .pl .cgi

uncommenting this would probably help , apache will ( sensibly ) only run
files through a perl intepreter if you actually tell it to.

> #AddType application/x-perl .pl

dunno what that is , best leave it commented as i suspect that is what
is causing the file to be server instead of interpreted.

Check you have the correct modules loadad in your apache.

Toodle-pip
Amias
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk