[Gllug] dns / domain providers

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Wed Jul 28 08:42:20 UTC 2004

Richard Jones wrote on 28 July 2004 09:36:

> On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 09:32:50AM +0100, Mike Leigh wrote:
>> I have a hosting account for which I can create subdomains but the
>> cost of domain registration / renewal is fairly expensive.  What I
>> am looking for is a managed / unmanaged service that I can configure
>> and administer mainly by myself.  I don't want to upwards of £10 per
>> dns update as this completely removes the benefit of such a move.
>> The major reason I would like to do this is I don't want to have all
>> my eggs in one basket and would prefer to be able to alter the dns
>> myself to point my domain names to another server if so required.
>
> Of course I do all my own DNS hosting, but I know of at least two
> people using: http://www.amenworld.com/.  It's cheap and functional.

I use EasyDNS (http://www.easydns.com) for some of my domains (everything
else sits on two dedicated servers on two different networks) which provides
excellent support and redundancy (including secondary MXs).  $19.95 per
domain for primary and secondary hosting, but they also have domain packs.

Regards,

	Martyn

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk