[Gllug] Mplayer , linux 2.6 and Matrox cards

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 14 22:07:31 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 15:42, Amias Channer wrote:

> The mailing lists for mplayer-matrox seems to be dead and the other
> mailing lists seem to be in hungarian . Whilst this has given me an
> interesting insight into the world of the non-english speaking linux
> user , i still want to make it work. I have only 450mhz at my disposal
> and the this would make film watching a lot more possible.

Are you sure it's necessary? I'm fairly sure the matrox driver on the X
server supports most of the hardware features needed for playing back
video. I have vo=xv in my mplayer.conf, and full frame video takes up
very little CPU time on my machine - usage sits at only about 20%, on a
1Ghz PIII with Matrox G400 Max card.

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk