[Gllug] Help with Fetchmail

wendy carr wendy_carr2003 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 30 09:45:28 UTC 2004

Hi all,
I have a single mail account with demon,
mycompany at mycompany.co.uk.What i do is to use
fetchmail to fetch and deliver emails to different
users,such as user1+mycompany to user1,user2+mycompany
to user2 etc.The .fetchmailtc file is ,
poll pop3.demon.co.uk
        protocol pop3
        user "user1+mycompany"
        to user1 password pass
        keep
poll pop3.demon.co.uk
        protocol pop3
        user "user2+mycompany"
        to user2 password pass
        keep
poll pop3.demon.co.uk
        protocol pop3
        user "mycompany"
        to superuser password pass

I idea is to deliver individual mails to user1 and
user2 while superuser recieving all emails including
user1's and user2's.
Fetchmail is run with fetchmail -d 300 .
The problem is that some times the user1 or user2 will
not get his/her emails but the super user will.

I will be grateful to you if you could tell me where i
have gone wrong with this configuration.

Cheers

Wendy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk