[Gllug] Shopping advice sought

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 20 15:05:41 UTC 2004

On Tue 20 Jul, John Hearns wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 15:37, Chris Bell wrote:
> >
> > Buck and Ryan Ltd, 101 Tottenham Court Road, near Googe Street, have been in
> > business for a very long time and have a reputation for quality.
> >
> > Another good toolshop I found is I. Grizard Ltd, 84A Lillie Road, SW6,
>
> I'm thinking of the Dilbert where he cannot pass a toolshop window.
> His clothes are ripped off by the force, and he is drawn inside to find
> it full of other naked engineers.

   Before I was 10 I used to go to Buck and Ryan, Tottenham Court Road, and
another now closed near Edgware Road tube station, to collect special tools
for G. Bell & Co, Chiswick, Ltd.
   Grizard Ltd are close to the OB parking positions for Earls Court, so
are visited by many engineers at lunch times.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk