[Gllug] Re: K12LTSP 1.1

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Sun Jul 25 16:07:59 UTC 2004

On Sunday 25 July 2004 14:56, you wrote:
> Hello Stuart
>
> I realise that http://k12ltsp.org/contents.html
> web site expect of me to use eth0 for connecting to clients,
> and eth1 to be connecting to router leading to Internet.
> That's backward in my book so I forced eth 1 to be
> client network, so it tryes to listen on eth1, but eth0 is
> still somewhere considered to be network PXE boot subnet.
>
> SO after executing dhcpd in /usr/sbin
>
> it sais:
> > Listening on socket/eth1/WORKSTATIONS
> > Sending on   socket/eth1/WORKSTATIONS
> > No subnet declaration for eth0 (192.168 .xx. xx)
> > Please write a subnet declaration in your dhcpd.conf file
> > for the network segment to which the eth0 is attached
> > exiting
If LTSP behaves anyway like Red Hat does, you can stop this behaviour by
creating a file called
/etc/sysconfig/dhcpd
which contains the single line
DHCPDARGS=eth1

- it forces dhcpd to only listen on  eth1

if this doesn't work, you can always add a line to your startup script
. /etc/sysconfig/dhcpd
somewhere before the case statements start
Or alternatively export the DHCPDARGS environment variable (which is, after
all, all that the above file does)

I have copied this to the gllug list ( hope you don't mind. Ah, but it's too
late now... :-) ). The reason for this is that if others have the same issue,
they can often find the answers to their linux probs by searching the
archives. If you respond, would you mind doing the same?

HTH

Stuart

--
Stuart Sears RHCE, RHCX