[Gllug] pda/subnotebook recommendations

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Sat Jul 24 16:16:09 UTC 2004

> I'm looking for something small that does wifi and linux (or just
> PuTTY/other ssh).

I just got a Zaurus C860 (www.shirtpocket.co.uk) as my attempts to get a
sl6000 from the US failed (amazon wouldn't post it to the UK!).  I have a
5500 already, but found the screen and keyboard a bit small for prolonged
ssh sessions.

And I know two engineers who use Treo phones with ssh to manage linux
boxes (gprs, not wifi).

The Sony Clie looks nice (with both bluetooth and wifi), but the linux on
the C860 had the edge for me!  I love the way the screen swaps from
landscape to portrait as you twist it!

Anyone know of a good bluetooth CF card that works well in the Zaurus.

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk