[Gllug] Problems with cgi/apache and ie

Andy Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Tue Jul 13 13:27:44 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: mike
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 1:33 PM
To: gllug at gllug.org.uk
Subject: Re: [Gllug] Problems with cgi/apache and ie

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 13:20 +0100, anth wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:50:44 +0100, mike <mike at bristolreccc.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > Anyone got any idea on tips for configuring apache so that pos ie
> > will open perl scripts rather than asking if I want to download the
> > fscking file?
>
> The mime-type for CGI scripts is set by the script itself rather than
> apache, so the first line of output from the script should be
> be blank. I assume that if other browsers work you must be almost
> there.

Yep - using cgi.pm

It appears to happen on login pages, which of course means that nothing
will work if this fails

-----End Original Message-----

Mike,
  Just because you are using cgi.pm doesn't mean you are outputting the
correct header.  If you "Save the file" that is downloading and then
open it in a text editor, what is in the file?  What is the first item
in the file?

Thanks,

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk