[Gllug] Lonix - The London Linux User Group (July 2004 Meeting)

Tushar enquiries at lonix.org.uk
Tue Jul 13 18:18:29 UTC 2004

Hi ,

Here are the details of the next meeting for Lonix,

Date:  Wednesday 21 Jul 2004
Time:  6.00pm onwards
Place: Porter House Pub -  21-22 Maiden Lane,  WC2 E7NA, 020 7379 7917
Map: http://tinyurl.com/4k5y2
Nearest Tube:  Covent Garden
Phone: 0208 896 2600

As the weather gets better (we hope) we'll be having
the next meeting in the middle of July. Expect
more Linux and related conversation. The
porter house pub located in Covent Garden
is an excellent venue boasting at least one beer
from each country in the world. Along with a variety
of wines, belgium beers and micro breweries
from many continents.

>From Covent Garden Station, walk into the main square
and take a right, walk out of the square and take
the next left. Keep walking straight until you
see Maiden Lane on your left. (down a small
road). Porter House is on your right next
to the Spanish Tapas place.

If this sounds all too much we'll be going for
a curry around the corner at 9.00pm at the
Strand Tandoori restaurant, 45 Bedford Place.
http://tinyurl.com/5s62n

Remember there is also a Lonix Mailling List
that you can sign up to. Simply log into
the Lonix web site to subscribe to one of the
groups!

There are a few Lonix Polo Shirts left. Email
in advance if you're interested.

Other Events in London over summer:

**** Classic Gaming Expo (Sat 24th July)

Anyone into classic gaming, ZX spectrum,
commodore 64 should look no further than the
classic gaming Expo.
http://www.cgeuk.com

**** Linux 2004 Conference & Tutorials (5th-8th Aug)

The event begins with 2 full-day tutorials on Thursday.
Then the 2-track 3-day conference runs from Friday to Sunday.
You're also be encouraged to take part in a GPG keysigning event
(with explanations and assistance for people unfamiliar with GPG).

http://www.ukuug.org/events/linux2004/

**** Festival of Peace (25th July)

Fancy a sunday outing for a festival of peace?
London's only lighthouse will be hosting this
years event.
http://www.festivalofpeace.net/

Tushar

This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to the Lonix
meetings notification e-mail list. If you have any questions concerning
this please contact support at lonix.org.uk

Your Lonix Account Details are:
Login via : http://www.lonix.org.uk
Username: gllug at linux.co.uk