[Gllug] Help with Fetchmail

Andrew Roberts ar at nooneishere.co.uk
Fri Jul 30 10:14:28 UTC 2004

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:45:28 +0100 (BST), wendy carr
<wendy_carr2003 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I will be grateful to you if you could tell me where i
> have gone wrong with this configuration.

I think you have assumed that the pop mailbox will remain constant
between pollings. In your config, if an email is received and added
into the pop account after the initial pollings, but before the
third, then only the superuser will get the mail.

A better way to solve this problem is to use a local MTA and get
fetchmail to pass it on. This will give you greater control over
message delivery, the message only has to be retrieved once from
the pop server and it would also allow you to use spam filtering
on a system-wide basis.

Regards,
--
Andrew Roberts                              ASCII ribbon campaign /"\
ar AT nooneishere.co.uk                      - against HTML email \ /
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk