[Gllug] Flexbackup not working with cron

Sharon Kimble sharon63 at lineone.net
Sun Jul 18 10:02:49 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 10:50, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 10:15:50AM +0100, Sharon wrote:
> > I'm using flexbackup under Fedora Core 2 for my daily backups to another
> > hard drive on my standalone home computer. I've previously used it very
> > successfully with White Box Enterprise Linux 3, but I am unable to get
> > flexbackup running again on FC2.
> >
> > It works in command-line but I'm unable to get it working using cron.
> > Can anyone advise me or help me please?
>
> What do the logs say?  Should be some clues in there.
>
> Are you checking root's mail (or having root's mail redirected to you)?
> With a standard cron set-up, any output from a cronjob is sent to root.
> Given that *nix utilities tend to give no output unless there's been an
> error, this is an easy way to be notified of errors.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

The mail shows this ;-
/usr/bin/flexbackup -wday 7 -home

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = (unset),
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "en_UK"
Unknown option: home

But I don't know how to use the 'setting locale'. AFAIK its all set to
English UK, keyboard language and everything.

The email was already set up to go to my account, I just don't
understand it.

Sharon.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk